President Elect Elaine Skopelja sent out this announcement yesterday from the Midwest Chapter Awards and Scholarships Committee:
The Midwest Chapter/MLA’s 2009 “Free Lunch Award” is open for applications, and two awards will be offered to Midwest Chapter/MLA members. The official name of the lunch is the Chapter Council Roundtable Lunch, which will be held during the Medical Library Association Meeting in Honolulu, Hawaii on Sunday, May 17.
The Roundtable is not just a lunch, but a great learning and networking opportunity as well. You can select one of 30 topics and participate in an informal and lively discussion at your lunch table. The list of topics is located on page 10 of the MLA Meeting Preliminary Program. Additional information on each topic is available on Chapter Council website here.
- Applicants must be Midwest Chapter/MLA Members. Not a member? Go here to join.
- Applicants must be attending the MLA Annual Meeting in Honolulu AND be pre-registered for the Chapter Council Roundtables. (There are no on-site registrations allowed).
- Tickets are $38 and must be pre-paid by the applicant.
- The two winners will be reimbursed $38 each after the meeting.
Applications must include:
- Name, work or home address and email address or phone number.
- The specific roundtable that was selected.
- A paragraph or two describing “Why I Deserve a Free Lunch.” Creativity and conciseness are encouraged! Entries are judged on humor, pathos and/or neediness)
- See this page for additional instructions.
DEADLINE for entries is Tuesday, March 31, 2009. Award recipients will be notified by Friday, April 3, 2009.