The spring issue of our chapter newsletter MIDLINE will be published online in just a couple of weeks. And as always it will include a complete report of business conducted at the spring meeting of the Executive Board from our chapter Recording Secretary Elizabeth Smigielski. Your intrepid blog editor wasn’t able to make it to Chicago, but her intrepid Communications Chair Karen Anderson did. Here are some highlights she shared that I thought you might want to know about before the full report is published:
- Work is beginning on a “members only” section of the chapter website.(Membership Secretary Rebecca Caton sent the password to current members via e-mail after the meeting.) This is just one of the many benefits of membership! If you haven’t had a chance to renew your membership for 2009, use the form here.
- Work is continuing on the chapter archives. President Deborah Lauseng and Special Archives Committee Chair Mary Hitchcock visited the archives the day before board meeting. The board approved hiring a library school student to work on the processing of the backlog of materials.
- Great progress is being made on the chapter Policy and Procedure Manual being developed on PBwiki. Your intrepid blog editor needs to get cracking on her section!
- We are testing a new model for financing the annual conference. For the 2009 conference in Ohio finances are being managed completely using the chapter treasury rather than the treasury of the hosting group.
- The chapter is pursuing use of Acteva for online membership renewal for next year. Acteva will be used to manage registration for the 2009 chapter conference.
- A special committee will be formed to consider alternative means of conducting chapter meetings, including committee work. Webmaster Allan Barclay tested the use of Dimdim web conferencing software during the board meeting.
- The fall executive board meeting will be held during the 2009 conference in Columbus, Ohio on Friday, October 2 from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Members invited!
- Chapter committees will have also have the opportunity to meet in person during the 2009 conference on Saturday, October 3 from 3:30-5:00 p.m.