Let’s start right away with some important reminders! There are a lot of opportunities to get involved with MLA nationally and to take advantage of funding.
- 10/31 (Sunday): MLA Committee Appointment Applications are due for the upcoming calendar year.
- 11/1 (Monday): MLA 2011 paper and poster submissions are due by midnight!
- 11/15: Applications for the Donald A.B. Lindberg Research Fellowship are due.
- 12/1: Applications for all other MLA Grants & Scholarships are due.
Next up on in the national front, the Midwest Chapter is proud to have several members listed on the MLA ballot! Stay tuned for the official announcement.
- Jane Blumenthal – President-Elect
- Michelle Kraft – MLA Board
- Melissa Rethlefsen – Nominating Committee
- (Peg Allen, friend of the Midwest Chapter, is also on the ballot!)
Finally, just a note that the upcoming MLA webinar “ABCs of E-Books: Strategies for the Medical Library” will feature Chapter member Michelle Kraft, as well as fellow midwesterners Karen Fisher and Marian Simonson.
If you have news you’d like to see posted on ConnectMidwest, feel free to e-mail me, Amy Donahue, at email@example.com!