Systematic Review Course
Are you interested in participating in systematic reviews – but just don’t feel like you have the right skills or know how to get involved? Or do you want to teach systematic reviews at your institution but you don’t know where to get started? This course is for librarians interested in systematic reviews!
Location: University of Michigan – North Campus Research Complex, Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Your full participation in the 2-week online course, which includes 8 learning modules and related activities (14-25 April 2014)
- Your attendance at and participation in a 2-day workshop at U-M (28-29 April 2014)
Nandita Mani PhD, – Assistant Director of Enabling Technologies, Taubman Health Sciences Library
Mark MacEachern MLIS, Health Sciences Informationist, Taubman Health Sciences Library
Chase Masters MEd, Instructional Designer, Taubman Health Sciences Library
Whitney Townsend MLIS, Health Sciences Informationist, Taubman Health Sciences Library
About the course:
We’ve developed a hybrid course to teach you how to do systematic reviews, and to give you a way to apply what you learn at your home institution. Featured content includes:
- The basics of a systematic review – study types and methodologies
- Selecting databases and developing search strategies
- Data management and writing for publication
- Strategies to establish your presence and expertise
- 20 MLA CE credits
The course runs on a flipped classroom model where didactic material is presented in an asynchronous online format over a period of 2 weeks. Online content includes lectures, learning activities, and interactive features including a discussion board, virtual office hours, and more. Following the 2-week online module, you’ll join us at U-M’s North Campus Research Complex (NCRC) for a 2-day intensive workshop. The in-person workshop is an incubator for implementation – through hands-on experience with resources, activities, and discussions, you’ll develop a toolkit of useful tips and resources and an action plan to take back to your home institutions to get involved in systematic reviews.
- The course registration fee is $100. This fee covers all course content, parking, and breakfast and lunch on 28-29 April.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel costs, including overnight accommodations and other expenses. Travel and lodging information will be available to registrants on the course site.
- Registration will be capped at 15 participants
- Please register no later than March 24, 2014
- Questions? Please contact Mark MacEachern (markmac at umich dot edu)
University of Michigan Library Finance
Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library
913 S. University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
(734) 763-1281 (p)
(734) 763-7082 (f)