The 2015 MWMLA Conference is quickly approaching. Keep up with the latest news, hotel information, directions, program schedule, and all things conference related by visiting http://midwestmla.org/conference2015/ today!
Visiting the St. James Court Art Show is a bit of a local tradition here in the city of Louisville. The St. James Court Art Show is held annually in Old Louisville, a historic preservation district and neighborhood in central Louisville. This year’s event will be held October 2nd – 4th. Visit their website to find out more information on hours, directions, and additional visitor information. http://www.stjamescourtartshow.com/
We are just one week away from the 2015 MWMLA Conference in Louisville, KY. Are you ready? Here are a few things you may want to check off your to-do list before next Friday.
- Double check your conference registration
- Have you made transportation arrangements?
- Have you made hotel reservations?
- Do you still need a roommate?
Here are a few tips to remember about Louisville.
- We are in early fall, our lows are about 50 degrees with the high usually in the low 80s
- The Galt House is in downtown Louisville, there is a lot of bridge construction related traffic in the area visit this page to help you navigate the area http://midwestmla.org/conference2015/visit-louisville/travel-to-louisville/
- Looking for something to do or somewhere to eat near the Galt House? Follow this link for more information http://midwestmla.org/conference2015/visit-louisville/
Finally, we want to thank all those who responded to the call for bloggers. Want to keep up with the conference on social media? Use the hashtag #MidwestMLA15 on Facebook and Twitter!
See you next week!
Leah Osterhaus Trzasko, Chair of the Midwest Chapter Awards & Scholarships Committee sends along this news!
Greetings Midwest Chapter meeting attendees! Take a few minutes at the meeting and congratulate this year’s recipients of the attendance grants:
Annual Meeting Grant: Supports the attendance of librarians and library staff at the Chapter’s Annual Meeting — $500 with free full conference registration.
Mindwell Egeland,University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Dawn Hackman, University of North Dakota
First-Time Attendee Annual Meeting Grant: Supports the first-time attendance of Midwest Chapter members at the Chapter’s Annual Meeting — $500 with free full conference registration.
Mary O’Connell, Northwest Community Hospital
Laura Menard, Butler University
Student Annual Meeting Grant: Supports the attendance of library science students at the Chapter’s Annual Meeting — $500 with free full conference registration.
Kimberly Kelly, Wayne State University
Donald Pearson, Kent State University
If you don’t run into them Sunday morning, you’ll have a chance to congratulate them after the noon Business Meeting when all of the awards will be presented. In addition to the attendance grants, the winner of the Jean Williams Sayre Innovation Award will be announced during the awards presentation at the Business Meeting.
Have a great time in Kentucky!
We’re less than a month away from the Midwest MLA Conference in Louisville, Kentucky! Lots of folks have taken advantage of early bird registration and will be heading down to our chapter’s southernmost state. Please join us and consider sharing the sights, sounds and events of the Louisville conference through a blog or photo stream.
This is our call for Bloggers and Photographers
· 3 AHIP points available for completing 3 short blog posts about the conference.
· 1-3 AHIP points also available for photography (Dependent on quality and quantity—25 photos minimum).
· No experience necessary!
· Great way to network.
· See examples from past conferences: https://www.flickr.com/groups/midwestmla/
Please contact Vida Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or would like further information. We look forward to seeing you and your blog/photo contributions at the Midwest MLA Conference 2014!”
Still haven’t registered for the conference yet? Curious about what there is to do in the city? Take a few minutes and watch this short video, all you need to know about Louisville in 4 minutes or less! https://youtu.be/P06hqpu4aws