The early registration deadline for the Midwest Chapter/MLA Annual Meeting is September 7th – ONE WEEK AWAY! This is going to be an AMAZING conference, with topics of interest to many audiences beyond health sciences libraries. Don’t wait! Register today!
Why should I go, you say? Here are the top ten reasons to attend the Midwest Chapter/MLA Annual Meeting in Rochester, MN:
- Keynote Speaker E-Patient Dave, an internationally-recognized speaker on participatory medicine and personal health data rights. Pose a question to Dave before the conference to help shape his talk.
- Keynote Speakers Jennifer K. Nelson, M.S., R.D., L.D. (co-editor of several Mayo Clinic cookbooks), and Tim Cockram (Executive Chef, Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center, Mayo Clinic) will do a cooking demonstration and talk about how food supports healthy living and how we can support these information needs.
- Technology Forum on E-Licensing: get a plain English overview from a panel of three licensing experts from across the region – invaluable for staff from smaller libraries!
- CE courses: Think Like a Doctor, Information Outreach in Minority Communities, Mobile Technologies, and more. CEs start at only $65!
- Papers: From community disaster preparedness to disambiguated authors to strategies for distance education, come learn what your colleagues are up to and take ideas back to your organization.
- Posters: Find out why a cake pan has a call number and where the hidden treasures are.
- Exhibits: Talk with representatives from more than 18 vendors about how their products can help you stay on the cutting edge.
- Networking: Take advantage of a smaller conference to make meaningful new connections and renew old ones with health information professionals across the region.
- Sample Minnesota: Get a taste of Minnesota beer at the exhibitors’ reception, see historic Rochester by trolley, and tour the Mayo Clinic and St. Marys Hospital Libraries.
- Reasonable costs: $250 for conference registration (includes almost all meals!) and $119/night for the conference hotel. Make your reservations through the conference site to get the discounted rate, and reserve your rooms early before the block fills up!
Dates To Remember:
- September 7th – Early registration deadline for the conference; prices increase $50 after this date.
- September 13th – Deadline to make hotel reservations. Space is limited so register ASAP!
- October 6th – Conference!
See you in Rochester!