Getting Around in Des Moines
This information is all from our friends at Catch Des Moines! and the links will take you to much more information about getting around in Des Moines.
- Catch a free ride!
- The nostalgic downtown trolley runs past the conference hotel as well as downtown attractions including the John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park. The Iowa State Capitol. East Village shops. Western Gateway restaurants.
- Every 10 minutes – 6:30 a.m.-6:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Saturday Service 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- DART is the local public bus system
- Four miles in Downtown – Climate Controlled
- Easy to find your way to hotels, Restaurants, Shopping, Meeting facilities.
- Yellow Cab Co. (515) 243-1111
- Capitol Cab (515) 282-8111
- There are approximately 30,000 public parking spaces in downtown including approximately 4,000 parking meters for long and short term parking needs.
- Street parking at meters is free all weekend.
- Parking in all city ramps are free of charge beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday
- Downtown parking ramps (map)
- Need to know how to get to Des Moines or the Conference Hotel? See our Transportation page.
- Finding the Iowa Hall of Pride, site of our reception.