There are several opportunities for you to support the Scholarship Fund of the Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association by taking part in one of our FUNdraisers! We will have a Silent Auction where you can bid on items donated by Chapter members, and you can purchase fun ribbons for your name tag. Then, donate by voting for your favorite “Chapter Owl.”
What is a Chapter Owl?? At last year’s Conference in Michigan, we chose the owl as our Chapter Critter because it is found in all Midwestern states and symbolizes wisdom as well as mystery. This year you get to vote on the type of owl that best represents the Chapter. There are six choices of owl, but each one is found in all the nine Midwest Chapter member states. Here are your choices: Great Horned Owl, Eastern Screech-Owl, Barn Owl, Northern Saw Whet, Long-Eared Owl, and the Barred Owl. Go to this link to take a look at and learn about each one.
Here are the Voting Instructions:
- Online Voting & Donating Time Period runs from September 17th through October 5th at 5 pm. Votes submitted after 5 pm on October 5th will not be counted.
- Use the Midwest MLA online donation form at: https://mcmla45.wildapricot.org/page-1745931
- Votes are $1.00 each. Enter the total amount you wish to donate for votes, i.e. $10.00 for 10 votes.
- In the Comments field enter the name of the owl for which you want to vote.
- Complete the form and pay.
Who are you? Who? Who? Who? Who? We really wanna know!
Questions? Please contact Beth Whipple at firstname.lastname@example.org.