Zoom tips For Attendees
There are several ways of joining a Zoom meeting.
- Via the meeting URL provided by the presenter/host. You may need to follow a prompt to download and install the Zoom desktop application.
- Via the Zoom Web Portal—https// xxxxx.zoom.us/–in your web browser.
1.Click Join (Connect to a meeting)
2. Enter the Meeting ID which is a 9 10, or 11 digit number which is in the meeting invitation or at the end of the Zoom meeting URL
3. Click Join
4. If you have not downloaded the Zoom application you may be prompted to do so.
If the host has chosen to not allow attendees to join Zoom prior to the host you will see a message indicating that the meeting has not started and when the host starts it you will automatically join.
- Joining using the Zoom Desktop Application
- with a URL or Meeting ID.
1. Open your Zoom desktop application.
2. Click Join.
3. Enter the URL or Meeting ID into the Meeting ID,
4. After you have entered, click Join.
5. The commands will appear at the bottom of the meeting window.
Audio in a Zoom Meeting.
- You need to have either a microphone through your computer or a telephone.
- You can mute or unmute yourself using the icon at the left corner of the meeting window.
- Activating the up arrow of the microphone icon allows you to test your computer speakers and select Audio Settings.
- Clicking on the camera button gives you the option to Start Video or Stop Video.
- If you choose not to activate the camera the video will show either your name, email, or a photo or image that you have chosen for your Zoom profile.
- Clicking on the Chat button at the bottom of the Zoom window opens up a panel that allows you to enter messages into a Text Box at the bottom of the window.
- To send the message just click Enter and the message will be sent to all those on the Zoom meeting.
- To send a private message to an attendee click the down arrow in the To field and select the person’s name listed.
- As an attendee you can turn on closed captioning if it is not already activated by clicking on the CC icon at the bottom of the Zoom meeting screen.