Midwest Chapter Membership Information
Membership is open to any individual working in or interested in health science
libraries. The Midwest Chapter/MLA is one of fourteen regional chapters affiliated with
the Medical Library Association (MLA). Membership in the Chapter and membership
in the Association are separate and one need not be a member of both, although
it is highly encouraged!
Midwest Chapter dues are $30.00 for one calendar year. Student membership is free. Retirees are encouraged to continue participation in the Midwest Chapter and membership fees are waived.
Dues are payable on January 1 of each year. Dues must be received by June 1 in order to ensure voting eligibility.
- MIDLINE, the Chapter newsletter
- MIDWEST, the Chapter discussion list;
- access to current Midwest Chapter membership directory (Members only: contact membership secretary for directions on how to access the online directory)
- discounted registration fees for the annual conference
- annual meeting scholarships and awards
- continuing education opportunities
- professional leadership opportunities
- professional development opportunities
- communication and interaction with regional colleagues
Register online for your membership or fill out a membership application form (for both new and renewing members) in your choice of PDF, or Word format here. If you have any questions, contact the Midwest Chapter Membership Secretary, Stephanie Schulte (Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org).