Midwest Chapter Membership Information
Membership is open to any individual working in or interested in health science
libraries. The Midwest Chapter/MLA is one of fourteen regional chapters affiliated with
the Medical Library Association (MLA). Membership in the Chapter and membership
in the Association are separate and one need not be a member of both, although
it is highly encouraged!
Midwest Chapter dues are $30.00 for one calendar year. Student membership is free. Retirees are encouraged to continue participation in the Midwest Chapter and membership fees are waived.
Dues are payable on January 1 of each year. Dues must be received by June 1 in order to ensure voting eligibility.
- MIDLINE, the Chapter newsletter
- MIDWEST, the Chapter discussion list;
- access to current Midwest Chapter membership directory (Members only: contact membership secretary for directions on how to access the online directory)
- discounted registration fees for the annual conference
- annual meeting scholarships and awards
- continuing education opportunities
- professional leadership opportunities
- professional development opportunities
- communication and interaction with regional colleagues
Register online for your membership or fill out a membership application form (PDF) (for both new and renewing members). If you have any questions, contact the Midwest Chapter Membership Secretary, Stephanie Schulte (Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org).