Midwest Chapter/MLA Elected Offices
The Midwest Chapter/MLA Nominations and Elections Committee is seeking candidates to fill various elected positions in the association. We invite you to nominate yourself or someone else for these very important board positions. Nominations can be sent to Karen Hanus, email@example.com.
This year, we will be having a special election in the spring to fill the MLA Chapter Council representative and alternate representative positions. The remaining offices will be voted upon in an election to be held in the summer; those elected officers will take office at the close of the Business Meeting at the annual conference in October 2019.
Service in any of these offices is a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop valuable skills, and to make lasting connections with other medical library professionals. Board service is a rare chance to help improve the benefits that we offer to our members, and provides opportunities to expand your network and gain recognition from your employer and peers.
We’re seeking candidates for the following positions:
MLA Chapter Council Representative and Alternate Representative
- We are seeking three candidates to fill two elected positions with terms from May 2019 to May 2022. We hope to have nominations by March 11th so the election will be completed in time for the successful candidates to attend the Chapter Council Meeting at the MLA conference in Chicago.
- The elected candidate will serve one year as President-elect, one year as President, and one year as Immediate Past President. This is a great opportunity to build leadership skills and have an impact at the highest levels of the association.
- The elected candidate will serve a two-year term from October 2019 to October 2021. The Treasurer also chairs the Finance Committee.
- The elected candidate will serve a two-year term from October 2019 to October 2021. The Recording Secretary prepares minutes of all meetings and records formal actions of the board.
Candidate for Membership on MLA Nominating Committee
- The elected candidate will be included in another election of potential candidates for the MLA Nominating Committee, conducted by the MLA Chapter Council.
If you are interested in running for an office, but would like more information, please contact Karen Hanus at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-8329. You can also learn more by reading the chapter bylaws or contacting the office’s incumbent.