The Midwest Chapter/MLA Distinguished Librarian of the Year Award recognizes a Chapter member at any career level who has provided outstanding service to Midwest Chapter/MLA. The recipient is selected on the basis of contributions in measurable ways to Chapter achievement & effectiveness. The winner of this award will receive a plaque.
- The Distinguished Librarian Award is announced and presented at the Chapter’s Annual Business Meeting. The Joint Annual Meeting will take place virtually on October 13-15, 2021.
- Applicants must be:
- A current member of the Midwest Chapter/MLA at the time of nomination and for at least 3 years prior
- Nominated by a Midwest Chapter member
- A completed nomination form found at: http://midwestmla.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-Distinguished-Library-Award-Application.pdf
- A current resume or vitae of the nominee
- A letter of nomination stating why the nominee should be recognized and what specific accomplishments and achievements are pertinent
- Two additional letters of support, at least one from someone who is not employed at the nominee’s institution
Nominations must be received by September 3, 2021. Please email nomination materials to: email@example.com.
Submitted by Liz Suelzer