If you’re attending the Midwest Chapter meeting in Bismarck, setting aside time to visit one of the “10 Captivating Capitol Buildings” may be on your itinerary. The North Dakota Capitol also holds the world record for the most snow angels made simultaneously in one place, but do NOT expect to see any snow during your visit. (I checked the forecast!)
The Capitol is 1.4 miles from the Radisson Hotel, an invigorating walk for some and a quick drive or taxi ride for the rest of us.
I would recommend taking the Capitol tour if at all possible. You get to see parts of the Capitol that casual visitors do not, and guides point out unique building features. Here are specific details about the tours:
- Available Monday through Friday
- Begin at 9, 10, and 11 a.m.; 1, 2, and 3 p.m.
- Last 45 to 55 minutes
- Begin at the ground floor information desk
- Park for free on the Mall Drive that curves around the front of the Capitol or in the visitors parking lot south of the Capitol and north of the State Library building.
- Enter through the covered front entrance and turn right; you’ll be at the information desk in less than a minute.
- No reservations needed
- Call 701-328-2480 with any questions.