The Joint Midcontinental and Midwest Chapter MLA 2020 Annual Meeting planning committee invites paper, lightning talk, and poster submissions on all aspects of health sciences librarianship for the virtual meeting on October 14-16, 2020.
The conference theme for this year is Becoming a Health Literacy Superhero.
Submit your abstract online. The deadline for submissions is August 14, 2020. Notifications will be sent by September 10, 2020
Abstracts should be 250 words or less. Structured abstracts are preferred. For guidance on writing a structured abstract, please visit https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=517.
Test runs for speakers and presenters will be held in the weeks before the conference.
Creating Accessible Presentations
Here are some resources to guide you in making your presentation accessible. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to email@example.com
- Document formatting
- Text formatting
- Object formatting
- Color formatting
- Guidance on how to run the Accessibility Checker in Microsoft Office
- Provides guidance on how to make your PowerPoint presentations accessible. Topics covered include layout design, reading order, color contrast, alternative text, list formatting, data tables, alternative text, etc.
- How to create accessible presentations
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 guidance, guidance for older versions of PowerPoint, training videos
Making Your Presentation Accessible, by Richard E. Ladner and Kyle Rector 2017
- Provides practical suggestions on how to make your conference talk accessible. The article also offers examples of conference talks that are not accessible with explanations on where they lack accessibility.